Monday, February 8, 2010

BIRTHDAYS!

So this last week we celebrated three birthdays in our family...Mom Thiess, Kenner-10-double digits (!) and Abigayle-7! It was a busy and fun week. Kenner decided on his birthday he wanted to take the day off from school. He stayed home with us but unfortunately Cal had a ton of con-calls and I had a previously scheduled presidency meeting. We went to breakfast at Great Beginnings-just the three of us. Then we came back and had a morning of meetings. Kenner was patient and played with Legos, watched a little Bear Grills. Then I took him to get some tater tots and a shake. Yes, it is all about the food here at the Williams home! That night we made his birthday request-Salmon and rice with a nice salad. We were all happy he chose that!  Thursday we were able to watch a friends kids-Audrey and Isaac. It was so much fun but I do believe the dog was a little jealous of all the attention the baby was getting! Last Sunday we celebrated with everyone because the Shupe's were here. It was a fun evening.
Yesterday was Abbie's 7th birthday. Being Sunday and the Superbowl, she shared her day a little with the Lord and the Colts and Saints. She chose Spaghetti for her birthday dinner so that is what we had, along with chocolate cake and cookies and creanm ice cream. I think overall, the week was good for everyone.
Still LOVE the dog. He is so sweet.
House will always need to be cleaned but I try a little every day.
Calling still a little rough-I just feel very removed and don't feel like I am making a difference in anyone's life but...still trying and doing my best.
Cal has traveled but not a ton the past two weeks.
Heading out to Utah for Jill Catt's wedding (one of my former young women) on Wednesday. Yippee! I love it when they reach the temple stage!
I am thankful this week to have celebrated the birthdays of three people I love very much and glad that we are able to go through life together. Love you Abigayle, Kenner and Mom!

1 comment:

  1. Kim!! I found a link to your blog on Shera's blog! So happy I found it!!! So....I had a baby since last time I saw you :) How are things for the Williams'??

    ReplyDelete