Friday, September 3, 2010

Enjoy every minute!

I cannot believe that this year has flown by so quickly and that yesterday I was changing 4th of July Decor. to Fall Decor! With school starting, it has hit me that these are the "lasts" with Taylor at home all the time. This will be our last Halloween with her home. I have such mixed emotions. She is so prepared and ready in so many ways for college and the responsibilities of life on her own, but I don't know that I am ready to let her go!
As Cal and I talk about the changes that will be happening in our home over the next few years, I must say how grateful I am that I will be facing these with him. He is such a strength to me. As a full time Mom for -almost 18 years, I am struggling with the fact that in two+  years I will have 2 of my favorite people not living with me! That is a hard pill for me to swallow. Especially when I adore them as much as I do. They make me laugh and they make me cry. My life is so fulfilled because of my family.
Each week I am trying to take it slower, speak more kindly, hug more often, teach more small and simple lessons...I never want to have regrets. I remember over and over when I had 3-4 and 5 little kids, people would say "it goes by too fast-enjoy every minute". Well, I believe I have. Yes, there has been frustration and sadness, but I truly LOVE being a Mom to these kids! I have learned that it is not always important to be places on time. When your children need a hug or a conversation-that needs to come first. Those times are the ones I treasure. I love being in the kitchen after school baking or canning-something about that draws them in and they will sit and talk for hours. The lessons they have taught me are unforgettable. They come programmed to do great things and we just need to  help them channel their thought and ideas and then jump out of their way!
So now I  can say-to anyone who cares to listen-"enjoy every minute beacuse it goes by way too fast"!

No comments:

Post a Comment